Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Ten Books I Am Excited to Read in 2012

Yesterday I looked back at the books I read in 2011. Today I report on my Must Read list. The Broke and the Bookish is hosting this meme, so be sure to stop by and check out the lists of other bibliophiles.

1. Smut: Stories by Alan Bennett
2. How It All Began by Penelope Lively
3. Death Comes to Pemberly by P.D. James
4. Townie: A Memoir by Andre Dubus III
5. MetaMaus: A Look Inside a Modern Classic by Art Spiegelman
6. The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
7. The Woman in Black: A Ghost Story by Susan Hill
8. Curlicues: The Fortunes of Two Pug Dogs by Valerie Worth
9. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
10. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
(And as many other novels of his that I can cram in. I plan to celebrate his upcoming 200th birthday by catching up on one of the greatest novelists of all times.)

And that's just for starters. Now, what books will you be reading in the coming year?

4 comments:

  1. The Woman in Black looks really good, doesn't it?! I might have to save it for next October, though, when I read all things spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list with a lot of versatility. I have a few of these on my TBR.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My Top Ten...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK now, The Hobbit! CLASSIC! Lovin' it! It is seriously one of the most creative books! Love your taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list, Cath! Hey, I received a blog award today from a teen blogger and decided to pass it on to you--go, Cybils judge!

    http://bookaunt.blogspot.com/2012/01/thanks-adriana.html

    ReplyDelete