Just kidding! I'd actually like to thank Kate Coombs aka Book Aunt for this splendiferous award. And congrats to Kate for her upcoming book, Hans My Hedgehog, due out later this month. Can't wait to check it out.
The award comes with the following rules:
* Thank and link to the blogger who bestowed the award.
* Share seven random facts about yourself.
* Spread the love by passing the award to five other bloggers--and be sure to let them know.
So, seven random facts about me:
1. As a teenager I mucked out horse stalls in return for riding lessons.
2. I didn't learn to swim until my 20s and I didn't get my driver's license until my 30s. (Some say I never should have been permitted to drive. Don't listen to them.)
3. Dame Edna is my role model. One day I hope to be half the woman she is. (That didn't come out exactly right, but you know what I mean.)
4. Orange is my favorite color. Perhaps that's why Halloween is my top holiday. On the big day I often dress up as a witch. (Again, some may say it is not a costume. Pay them no mind.)
5. My grandmother's brilliant brother changed the family name from Capra to Crapper.
6. I have a 10-year-old pug that snores, sheds, and begs nonstop at the table. I blog about him and all things pug at Confessions of a Pugophile.
7. This past September, I married a man who is exactly right for me.
And here are five other bloggers you should get to know, if you don't already. I hope you enjoy their posts as much as I do.
The Lemme Library
Picture Books & Pirouettes
Through the Looking Glass Book Review