Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year = CYBILS Finalists

January 1 isn't just the start to a spanking new year--it's also the day the CYBILS committee announces its finalists. Click here to take a peek at which of your favorite 2012 books made the cut. I'm happy to report that two books I nominated have been selected--Pinch and Dash Make Soup (Easy Reader category) and Lies, Knives, and Girls in Red Dresses (Poetry).

Naturally, the category I turn to first is Easy Readers/Early Chapter Books. This year I was especially interested in the finalists as I'll be one of the second round judges in the category. I'm happy to say I've reviewed a fair number of the finalists in the past year. To read a review click the title.


EASY READERS

A Trip to the Bottom of the World with Mouse

Bink and Gollie, Two for One

Penny and Her Doll

Penny and Her Song

Pinch and Dash Make Soup


EARLY CHAPTER BOOKS

Marty McGuire Digs Worms

Rabbit and Robot: The Sleepover


2 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed following your reviews of the contenders. I'm curious about what makes Rabbit + Robot an early chapter book and not an easy reader? This is an ongoing obsession of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great question. The CYBILS committees ultimately decide which categories the books go in. Personally, I consider Rabbit + Robot an easy reader.

    ReplyDelete