Tuesday, April 10, 2012

National Library Week

April 8th through the 14th is National Library Week, a time to celebrate libraries and all they do. As a book lover and author, I'm naturally a big fan. This past month I moved to Phoenixville, and a hop, skip, and jump away from my news digs is a grand old-fashioned public library, built in 1901 with funds from Andrew Carnegie. I've already borrowed dozens of books for the new project I'm working on, as well as an Amy Bloom short story collection. And I haven't even hit the dvd section yet.

Phoenixville Library
To do my bit for National Library Week, I'm taking part in a very worthwhile program. The West Philadelphia Alliance for Children (WePAC) invited me and other children's book authors and illustrators to go to elementary schools in West Philly and read to groups of children. I've snagged a second-grade class, and I'm excited to visit with them this Friday and share some of my books. I'll tell you how it went next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment